Pump nozzle unit body holder / PDE repair holder for VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda TDI
The pump nozzle unit body holder
The original PDE body holders (PDE repair holders), developed in 2020 by 07eins and since then installed in more than 1000 vehicles - a now proven means of repairing damaged cylinder heads, as well as preventing function-threatening damage to the injector seal seats.
popular in the german speaking VW T5 community
TRUST & QUALITY
German development and product quality already installed in over 2,000 Volkswagen Group TDI vehicles
INSTALLATION & SERVICE
over 200 partner workshops
Frequently asked questions about the PDE body holders
Is my vehicle also affected?
It affects all diesel engines with pump-nozzle units (PDE) that are bolted on one side.
How do I notice that something is wrong with my vehicle?
- Starting problems with the engine especially at cold start and when the engine is particularly hot.
- Unsteady idling (speed fluctuations) or sporadic misfires at low speed ("swallowing" of the engine)
- Diluted engine oil ("engine oil proliferation") due to diesel mixture (oil level increases with time)
- Missing / low oil pressure when the bearing shells are already worn out due to diesel in the oil
- Engine stalling in city traffic
- Loss of power
- Compression loss
For more important information, see: "What happens if I don't do anything about it and I don't install body retainers for the pump-nozzle unit (PDE)?"
What happens if I don't do anything about it and I don't install body holders for the unit injector (PDE)?
- On all diesel engines with unit injectors (PDE) that are bolted on one side, the PDEs work their way into the cylinder head more and more over the run time.
- This causes diesel to mix into the engine oil due to leaks.
- The lubricating effect of the engine oil is significantly reduced, which over time leads to complete engine damage.
For details on the origin of damage and the functional principle of the PDE bridge, see our video:
Functional principle of the PDE bridge (pump injector bridge) to prevent cylinder head damage.
Do I need the PDE bridge or the PDE body holders (PDE repair holders)?
- The PDE bridge is specially designed for VW 5-cylinder 2.5 liter TDI engines with pump-injector unit.
- The PDE body holders (PDE repair holders) are a more universal development of the PDE bridge, which is suitable for all 3-cylinder, 4-cylinder, 5-cylinder and 10-cylinder VAG/VW TDI engines with unit injectors.
- Customers with a VW 5-cylinder 2.5-liter TDI engine with a unit injector thus have a choice between the PDE bridge and the PDE body holders (PDE repair holders). Most of these customers opt for the PDE bridge, as there are still longer empirical values here.
What experience values are there?
- The PDE body holder has already been successfully installed more than 1000 times in VAG TDI engines.
- The mileage usually increases by 100,000 km or more.
How do the PDE body retainers work for engines with pump-injector units (PDE) installed on one side?
- Compared to the factory-fitted clamping shoes, which are only fixed on one side, the PDE body holders ensure more uniform fixing of the PDEs.
- This prevents the PDEs from working their way back into the cylinder head and causing the familiar problems due to leaks, especially when the gasket sets are replaced at the same time and the reinforced 07eins-VITON sealing rings are used.
Details on the origin of the damage and the functional principle of the PDE body retainers can be found in our blog post....
...and in our explanatory video:
Functional principle of PDE body holders (unit injector body holders) to prevent cylinder head damage.
How does the installation work?
- Our products are installed without any modifications / work on the engine/cylinder head. Original screws and mounting points are used. Service-related reassembly for further maintenance work can be carried out without any problems due to the multi-part design.
- The factory-fitted clamping shoes 2 to 5 for the pump-injector units are replaced by the PDE bridge elements.
- Professional revision and disassembly of the unit injector elements requires the use of new expansion bolts and sealing elements. If required, selected complete sets of consumables in excellent quality are available from the following links:
PDE body holder for 5-cylinder TDI (complete set), PDE body mount for 4-cylinder TDI (complete set), PDE body mount for 3-cylinder TDI (complete set)
- The installation can either be done by any car workshop or you can do it yourself, if you are technically experienced.
Where can I find a suitable automotive workshop?
You can easily find suitable automotive workshops for the installation of the 07eins PDE bridge with our installation workshop finder: 07eins partner workshops
Can I do the installation myself?
Experienced screwdrivers can also dare to install the 07eins unit injector products themselves.
The corresponding video and PDF installation guides contain all the important information with step-by-step instructions:own installation (do it yourself)
What else makes sense?
- We always recommend renewing all seal sets of the pump-nozzle units, especially the uses of the 07eins reinforced VITON seals.
You can find complete sets of the PDE body holders in our store:
PDE body holder for 5-cylinder TDI (complete set)., PDE body mount for 4-cylinder TDI (complete set), PDE body mount for 3-cylinder TDI (complete set)
- In addition we recommend in this course also to renew the line set completely. For the 2.5 TDI engine you will find in here in our store:VW T5 wiring harness
PDE body holder / PDE repair holderBuy PDE body holder
per cylinder one set consisting of
1 body holder
1 support gauge block
i.e. set of 3 for 3 cylinders (=complete set for 3 cylinders), set of 4 for 4 cylinders (=complete set for 4 cylinders),...
Price quotation always refers to the complete set for one engine type
Complete setBuy complete set
The 07eins complete set:
1 x ORIGINAL PDE body holder (pump injector unit body holder) for 5-cylinder diesel engines with pump injector units.
5 x reinforced VITON gasket set
1 x PDE mounting kit for 5-cylinder